This season, Dynafit has developed a new version of the Seven Summits, which is one of their most popular touring skis. The Seven Summits 2.0 now has wider dimensions (82mm waist - 171 cm) and is even lighter at just 2.5 kg per pair. It is also more rigid, with a lighter and more resilient tip, a super lightweight Paulownia wood core and a top layer of biaxial fiber reinforced fiberglass, Titanal plate and Carbon Quadrax insert.
The use of carbon in the construction increases the stiffness of the ski without increasing the weight, making it more responsive on all kinds of snow and at high speeds. The latest technology is used for the Flex Tip, which uses carbon to allow a thinner and lighter spatula, for easier turn initiation and to save energy. This carbon construction also absorbs impact and vibration more efficiently, transforming the Seven Summits 2.0 into an even more versatile ski compared to the previous model.
It also incorporates a Rocker tip. This slight rise provides valuable assistance during turn initiation. If the old model was forgiving, this new version is even more so. It is also extremely precise. The tapered tail facilitates coming out of a turn and makes it easier to fit into your backpack's ski attachment.
- Use: 100% ski touring
- Construction: Micro Sidewall, a Paulownia wood core, upper layer of fiber is reinforced with fiberglass, Titanal and Carbon Fiber Quadrax insert with highly resistant ABS sidewalls to absorb impact and reduce overall weight.
- Dual radius: a combination of a larger radius at the front and a smaller radius at the back for neutral behavior on both the entry and exit of a turn. The reduced radius at the tail allows more control and precision at speed and on steep slopes.
- Scoop Rocker: the lightweight tip acts as a bumper for a smooth ride when skiing on crusty or corn snow. It also facilitates turn initiation.
- Compatible with ski skins with Dynafit system: Speedskins are time saving and offer optimum grip.
- Sintered graphite coating on base makes it extremely robust and allows maximum wax absorption.
- Sidecut for 163cm: 114.5/81/101mm. Turn radius: 17.5/15.5m. Approximate weight 1160 g per ski.
- Sidecut for 171cm: 115.5/82/102mm. Turn radius: 19.5/17m. Approximate weight 1255 g per ski.
The Dynafit Seven Summits 2.0 Speedskins have been specifically tailored to ensure maximum comfort of use and performance on all kinds of snow.
The skins are tear resistant and do not wrinkle easily. The Dynafit Stretch System provides the ideal attachment between skin and ski tail. Snow and ice is prevented from getting under the skin, which is tightly wrapped around the tip. Freeride Tourers, Ski Tourers and Ski Runners will all appreciate the comfort and performance of the Speedskins.
What our tester has to say: "This is a unique system, developed by Dynafit, to make life easier for ski tourers. The skins are fixed to a slot in the ski tip and tail, which saves time and ensures that the skin sticks to the skis perfectly, even when wet."
- One size available for each ski length.
- Specially designed for the Dynafit Seven Summits 2.0 skis.
- Not compatible with Seven Summits models from previous years.
- Approximate Weight: 208g (171cm).
Dynafit TLT Speed Radical Bindings: Lightweight and Comfortable (700g per pair) The TLT Speed Radical bindings are one of the most lightweight and comfortable ski touring bindings on the market. This model is an evolution of the TLT Speed and is intended for all ski tourers looking for lightweight material with maximum efficiency.
TECHNICAL FEATURES OF THE TLT SPEED RADICAL BINDINGS:
- No additional plate.
- Speed Step heel lift has two height settings. Heel rotation is not necessary.
- Side Towers for quick binding entry with QSI-Inserts and greater side impact resistance.
- Optimized eccentric cam.
- Durable baseplate with simplified, optimized mounting pattern, that uses four Torx screws instead of 5.
- Safety leash included.
- Material: Forged Aluminum 7075, CrMo steel, stainless steel and high-strength plastic.
- DIN: 4-10.
- Approx. weight per binding: 341 g.
"This ski touring set will excel on all kinds of snow and terrain. Perfect for day tours as well as for multi-day adventure racing in changing snow conditions. Its main strength is certainly its versatility and I'm sure we'll share many adventures", concludes TimothÃ©e at the end of the test in the Alps during the winter of 2014/2015.